List of Guidelines instruction of honorable Supreme Court of India
For Private transport Service Providers (Heavy & Light Vehicles)
The guide line instructions issued by the Honorable Supreme Court of India under Circular No.8/2017 Dated 23.02.2017 is stated as under for all Private Transport Service Providers for Strict compliance.
- Transport vehicle which is used for commercial purpose must have the commercial registration number as prescribed by the transport authority.
- If the vehicle is used for school cab must marked with horizontal strip in the middle of the vehicle with a fixed size of 150mm width in golden yellow color on all sides.
- The service life of the vehicle should not be more that 15yrs from the initial date of its registration
- The vehicle should display a board of 250mm X 250 mm size with “SCHOOL CAB” inscribed with bold letters on golden yellow background. This board should be carried by the vehicle itself as and when it moves with the School children.
- The vehicle should have the carrier frame on the roof top for the purpose of storing the school bags of the children.
- The vehicle must carry a register having the detail particulars regarding Student’s name, Guardian’s name, Address of the students and name of the School with telephone nos.
- The carrying capacity of the School cab should be limited that will be one and half times of the sitting capacity as specified in the registration certificate.
- The vehicle must be having with convex cross rear view on either side.
- The physical status of the vehicle must be good running condition with neat and clean as well as carrying with all the necessary security equipments for the safety purpose of the school students.
- The name of the driver and his contact No should be written by paint or firmly affixed on the school cab at rear exterior side of the vehicle.
- The driver must have the valid driving license issued by the License authority along with badge.
- The driver must have 5 years driving experience.
- The driver should not have been challenged against violation of any traffic rules, driving in drunken condition, driving vehicle negligently and dangerously or committed any offences under section 279, 338 of IPC 1860 more than once in a year.
- It has to be ensured by the parents that necessary police verification against driver and conductor in respect of private vehicles must be carried out from the concerned police station well in advance before availing their facility.
- It is also to be ensured by the parents that the private vehicles must be having all the necessary valid documents like Registration Certificate, Permit, Insurance etc. during taking the service such private transport service providers.
Henceforth all the parents are requested to go through the above guideline and communicate the same to your transport service providers accordingly for strict necessary compliance.